Our SculptSlim Studio Specialists are happy to answer any questions about SculpSure™ or any other body sculpting treatment or procedure. Under the expert care of our Medical Director, Dr. Timothy Fee, our specialists ensure that all treatments and procedures are administered safely and effectively. Here are answers to some basic questions you may have. We invite you to please come with any additional questions when you schedule your consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: What is SculpSure?
ANSWER: SculpSure is a noninvasive body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen and love handles. The 25-minute procedure destroys up to 24%1 of treated fat cells without surgery.
QUESTION: Is SculpSure right for me?
ANSWER: SculpSure is ideal for people with trouble spots, particularly those that seem resistant to diet and exercise.
QUESTION: How many treatments will I need?
ANSWER: Every patient is different. Your treatment provider will develop a customized plan to meet your desired goals. Ask your service provider about the treatment plan that is right for you.
QUESTION: What should I expect during the treatment?
ANSWER: Most patients feel a tingling sensation intermittently throughout the treatment which is generally well tolerated.2
QUESTION: When will I see results?
ANSWER: Patients may start to see results as early as 6 weeks following treatment as the body begins to evacuate the destroyed fat cells, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks.
QUESTION: How long will results last?
ANSWER: Treated fat cells are destroyed during the treatment and will not regenerate.
QUESTION: How long before I can resume normal activities?
ANSWER: There is no downtime with SculpSure, so you can have the treatment during your lunch hour and return to work immediately.
QUESTION: What is the difference between fat loss and weight loss?
ANSWER: The number of fat cells stored in our bodies typically remain constant throughout adult life. As we lose weight, the size of fat cells become smaller, but do not decrease in number. Even with diet and exercise, many people have difficulty losing weight in these trouble areas. After the SculpSure treatment, the fat cells are permanently destroyed3 and will not return.
- Single treatment of average reduction in fat volume as measured by MRI; Clinical and Histological Evaluations of a 1060nm Laser Device for Non-Invasive Fat Reduction – John W. Decorato, MD., F A C S. Rafael Sierra, Ph.D., Bo Chen, Ph.D., Westford, MA, 2014
- Average patient discomfort rating of 3.7 on a scale of 1-10; Bass L, Doherty S. Non-Invasive Fat Reduction Of The Abdomen With A 1060nm Diode Laser.Paper presented at: 2015 Annual American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Conference; April 22-26; Kissimmee, FL.
- Temperature reached during treatment (42-47ºC) necessary to damage structural integrity of cell membranes leading to delayed adipocyte death(a, b, c)
- Moussa N, Tell E, Cravalho E. Time progression of hemolysis or erythrocyte populations exposed to supraphysiologic temperatures.” J Biomech Eng 1979, 101:213-217.
- Gaylor, DC. “Physical mechanism of cellular injury in electrical trauma” Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Ph. D. Dissertation. (1989).
- Franco W et al. “Hyperthermic injury to adipocyte cells by selective heating of subcutaneous fat with a novel radiofrequency device: Feasibility studies.” Lasers Surg. Med. 2010, 42:361-370